You submitted your resume and got past the ATS system! Now you have an initial phone interview! What should you do to prepare?
Here are my TOP TEN+ TIPS to Prepare you for the Initial Phone Interview!
- You may be called by a Recruiter/Staffing Company or a corporate Recruiter. Be sure you know who has reached out to you. Make sure you understand the interview process.
- Research company
- Make sure you have a full job description and then review it completely to make sure you can speak to every bullet listed.
- Review top interview questions, memorize how you will answer them.
- Ask the Recruiter or person setting up the interview with you, what to expect.
- Is it a panel or individual doing the interview? What are their names, titles, emails?
- Is it on the phone or via Zoom?
- If you pass the initial screening, what will be next steps?
- Do they have other candidates they are considering?
- Offer a salary range if they request it.
- Once you have set up the interview, confirm back with that individual the day prior.
Interested in more “hands-on” coaching? My interview coaching includes in-depth preparation and role playing. I can also help you with a free resume review, resume writing, and top notch LinkedIn profiles, as well as how to make the most of your job search. Contact me HERE to get started today!