If you’ve recently applied for a job and haven’t heard back in over a month, you may be getting “GHOSTED”!
Nine times out of ten, an employer will neglect to contact you after an interview either because you haven’t followed up, or the employer is too busy/hiring for multiple positions that need to be filled quickly.
They most likely have dozens of interviews for several positions and will not be able to respond to applicants who didn’t make the cut.
So, what should you do?
- You should follow up without stalking them, until you get a response. You need to know if you didn’t get hired so that you can focus their efforts on other jobs.
- Never put all your eggs in one basket, even once you get an offer!!
- Keep interviewing until you start. In order to prevent being ghosted, it’s wise to follow up a couple weeks after the interview. This will remind the employer about your interview, and also send a signal indicating that you need to know whether or not you are still being considered, as you continue to interview.
- You’re more likely to be ghosted than to receive a follow up informing you that you didn’t get the job, so be prepared.
- If you do have another job offer waiting, try to get a response back as to what’s going on in the hiring process.